Sometimes you just need to spruce up the ordinary with a little pizzazz. While there is nothing wrong with plain garlic bread or even simple dinner rolls but sometimes it is fun to take those sides dishes to the next level. I have seen these cheese filled Pillsbury rolls popping up all over Pinterest and decided to come up with some yummy rolls of my own. I went with an Italian version to go with all the pasta dishes I make, a great substitute for the traditional garlic bread.
1 container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits
block of mozzarella, cut into eight 1.5” x 1.5” cubes
1/4 c butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Open the tube of rolls and flatten each one using the palms of your hands.
- Position a cheese cube in the center of each flattened roll and wrap the edges of the roll up around the cheese cube making sure they are sealed up tight.
- Place seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the rolls have been assembled.
- Mix together the melted butter and garlic.
- Brush each roll with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle all the rolls with the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and a little salt.
- Bake the rolls for 16–18 minutes or until they are golden on top.
- Let the rolls cool for about 3 minutes before serving. That cheesy filling can be nuclear.