I love breakfast! Yes, I do! I love breakfast! How about you!?
I will say however, that breakfast is a meal I don’t get to really prepare and enjoy often enough. Monday–Friday usually consists of something quick and on the go so sometimes I make breakfast for dinner just to get that breakfast fix. One thing I love about quiche is it is really perfect for any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Add some fruit and potatoes, you got breakfast. Add a green salad, now it’s lunch or dinner.
This quiche is really as easy as they come, especially with a premade piecrust. I know quiche might seem intimidating to make but I promise there is no need to be scared! It really isn’t complicated and is well worth the effort it takes to make. Plus, sausage and cheddar are just a classic breakfast combo that you can’t beat.
1 sheet of refrigerated piecrust at room temperature
8 oz mild or spicy breakfast sausage
5 green onions, thinly sliced
2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 c half and half
6 large eggs
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unroll your piecrust and line a pie dish with a single sheet and set aside
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until no pink remains.
- Add the green onion to the skillet and cook for another minute.
- Drain excess fat from pan.
- Spread half of the sausage mixture in the pie crust and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Spread the remaining sausage mixture over the cheese.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt, pepper, and ground mustard.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the quiche into the oven and bake for 45–50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it and serving.