I love breakfast and I love pizza. (Everyone does, right?) Put them together and you get the best of both worlds. Breakfast truly is one of my favorite meals but I just don’t take the time to enjoy it nearly enough. So when I can find recipes that are quick and awesome (like breakfast pizza) they are an instant fave. Come on, a savory breakfast pizza built upon a fluffy and buttery crescent crust topped with sausage, eggs, and melted cheese. I could seriously start every morning with this recipe.
1 lb loose meat breakfast sausage
1 tube crescent roll dough (like Pillsbury)
1 c cheddar, shredded
1/4 c milk
1 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat making sure to break up any large chunks until it is cooked thoroughly.
- Transfer the sausage to a plate covered in paper towels to soak up the oil.
- Unroll the crescent dough and lay it out in the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish and press the seams together to make one large sheet of dough.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the crescent dough.
- Distribute the cheese over the sausage.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top making sure the pizza is evenly covered.
- Bake the pizza for 15–20 minutes or until the crust is golden and eggs are set.
- Remove form oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Bran Apetit.
1 thought on “Recipe—Breakfast Pizza”