I was never really a huge fan of biscuits and gravy, until I had this recipe. Oh my goodness! Now I am hooked! I am a huge fan of breakfast and this is the perfect side to serve up with some scrambled eggs and potatoes. It is the ultimate in breakfast comfort food (especially after a night of drinking). I actually really like this gravy with Pillsbury biscuits, they are cheap, quick, and convenient. Sausage gravy and biscuits are perfect for a cold winter day and best of all it is super easy to make.
1 lb roll breakfast sausage (not link or patty)
2 tbsp flour
2 c milk
salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet brown the sausage over medium high heat.
- Remove the sausage when done and set aside.
- Leaving the drippings in the pan, stir in the flour.
- Cook over medium heat for 1–2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium or medium-high heat until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.