I have been wanting to host a tea party type of event and this year Easter was the perfect occasion. We were just having a couple of people over so I did all sorts of small bites. So fun and classy! The cucumber rounds were one of my faves! They were so light and refreshing and reminded me of the typical cucumber sandwiches you would have at a tea party, minus the rye bread. These are definitely the perfect snack for bridal showers, baby showers, or an afternoon tea.
8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/4 c fresh dill (or 1 tbsp dried)
2 tbsp dill pickle juice (just the stuff form the jar)
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 cucumber, sliced
parsley to garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, dill, pickle juice, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and green onion until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag.
- Pipe the herbed cream cheese mixture onto each cucumber round.
- Garnish each cucumber with a sprig of parsley on top.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.