Today is day 1 of my hot & spicy week! My jalapeño plant has been giving me more peppers than I know what to do with so this week I will be featuring five different jalapeño based recipes. I hope you enjoy each and every one!
Planning a fiesta anytime soon? If so, this is a perfect appetizer sure to start the party off right. It is quick and easy. I have made this for two social gatherings in the last couple of weeks since jalapeños are in abundance at our house and both times the dish was practically licked clean. It is one of those appetizers that you just can’t get enough of. Just serve it up with your favorite tortilla chips and watch it disappear.
Note: If you have a small appetizer sized crock-pot you can put the finished queso fundido in it on low heat to stay warm.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tomato, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 jalapenos, deseeded, deveined, and finely chopped
3 tbsp tequila
2 c jack cheese, shredded
1/4 c milk
1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium high heat and add tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños.
- Cook until onions are translucent and soft, about 4–5 minutes.
- Carefully add in tequila and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Mix in cheese and milk and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- You can serve as it is OR you can put the cheese mixture in an oven safe dish and finish off under the broiler for 3–4 minutes or until just starting to turn a golden brown on top.