How about some delicious tacos to go with the Mexican red rice recipe I recently posted? These are the easiest most flavorful shredded beef tacos ever! And best of all you cook them in the crock-pot. I love my crock-pot! What’s not to love about coming home from work to a house that smells like an authentic taqueria where dinner is practically done when you walk through the door? This recipe gives you the most tender, moist, flavor packed meat. The meat literally falls apart when it’s done cooking. These tacos are definitely at the top of my list of favorite meals. I love loading them up with all my favorite toppings. Serving these with a lime wedge to squeeze over your tacos is a must! The bite of tangy lime just makes all the flavors come together. Serve these tacos with my Mexican red rice and a side of beans and you will feel like you are dining in Mexico. Don’t forget the pitcher of margaritas! 😉
Note: No need to limit yourself to just using this shredded beef for tacos, it is incredibly versatile and can be used for enchiladas, tacos, burritos, you name it!
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2–3 lb tri tip or chuck roast
14 oz can beef broth
2 limes (1 for juicing and 1 sliced to be served with finished tacos)
SOME FABULOUS GARNISHES
chopped green lettuce
diced red onion
guacamole or sliced avocado
pico de gallo
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray to make cleanup a breeze!
- Add your roast to the crock-pot and rub the seasoning into the meat. It’s okay if any extra seasoning is loose in the crock-pot.
- Pour broth around roast and squeeze the juice of one lime over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8–10 hours.
- Remove the roast from the crock-pot and place on a cutting board.
- Using a large fork shred the beef and return it to the crock-pot.
- Cover and continue to cook on low heat for 30 minutes. This allows your beef to soak up all those yummy juices.
- Using tongs remove the shredded beef and place directly on tortillas or into a serving dish.
- Serve with lime wedges and some of your favorite garnishes.