One of my favorite sandwiches has got to be the Philly cheese steak. While this recipe isn’t for a traditional version of the classic sandwich it is a quick and easy recipe the whole family will love! The provolone cheese sauce totally makes this recipe so don’t skip it. All of the flavors are really mild so it is great for the kiddos. I think next time I may try adding in some sautéed mushrooms just to get one more veggie in there. This is the perfect meal for a night of watching football so I think this will be making my Super Bowl party menu this season. Don’t forget the fries or a big green salad to go with.
1 lb ground beef
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp steak sauce (I like A1)
1 c beef stock
salt and pepper
4 hoagie rolls
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 c milk
1 c provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until tender, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add in the steak sauce, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Cut the rolls in half and place in the oven to toast.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer stirring frequently until it begins to thicken, about 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in cheese until sauce is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Place a scoop of the meat mixture into the toasted rolls and top with the cheese sauce.
14 thoughts on “Recipe—Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes”
Oh man, I think this picture made me weak at the knees!
What a good idea! Looks fantastic!
PS: Now following you on Facebook! (Recipes Happen)
Thanks! These are seriously so good! I will have to check out some of your recipes too and give them a shot. Thanks for following Bonnie!
I hope you like my blog!
My boyfriend is going to love these!! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Anything with beef and cheese is sure to be a hit with the guys! 🙂
We loved it
Totally easy to make and I’m a picky chick who never finishes her plate and I ate more than my usual picking here and there. Thanks Becca
Awesome! I love quick and easy dinners, especially when they taste good! Glad to hear it was a hit. 🙂
I made this for dinner last night and it was hit!!! Thanks for sharing:)
So happy to hear! Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed it. 🙂