Right now, I am drowning in youth sports. My son is currently playing soccer and baseball which takes up about 5–6 days a week and sometimes we have both on the same day. I lost my sanity a few weeks ago.
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love it! It just means that I need to be diligent in my menu planning and have some recipes that allow me to have dinner on the table quickly. We certainly have nights where dinner consists of sandwiches, Kraft Mac N Cheese, or takeout, but I try and cook a real dinner at least 4–5 nights a week. That means whatever I am making needs to be quick!
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and costs about $15, assuming you have the basic stuff on hand. It is so simple, fast, and tasty! My family loves this recipe! The chicken comes out so juicy and flavorful after simmering in the creamy lemon sauce. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
4–5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/4 c flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb penne
1 c chicken broth
3 lemons, 2 for juicing and 1 sliced
3/4 c heavy cream
1/4 c capers
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a large Ziploc bag and add chicken breasts.
- Toss the chicken breast in the Ziploc bag until they are all evenly coated in the flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for 6–7 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta per the package instructions.
- Add the broth, juice from two lemons, sliced lemon, heavy cream, and capers to the skillet with the chicken.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the sauce to boil and reduce heat to medium-low heat.
- Continue cooking the sauce until it has thickened up, about 3–4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate or cutting board.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the sauce, tossing to coat all the noodles.
- Serve the pasta on plates and top with a chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the dish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.