If you have been following me for a while now then you have probably caught onto the fact that I love anything with buffalo sauce. If you haven’t caught onto that yet then pay attention! I’ve shared recipes for buffalo cauliflower bites, buffalo baked chicken, buffalo chicken tacos… you catch my drift? Okay, I may even call myself a buffalo sauce fanatic. I don’t know what it is about the spicy sauce that I enjoy so much but anything doused in Frank’s is good in my book.
Well I recently saw a recipe for crock-pot buffalo chicken wraps and I knew I had to try them. So I went to the store, got all my ingredients, and then…I forgot the whole preparing the crock-pot aspect that went along with the recipe. Whoops! Welcome to my life. No worries, I improvised. I just boiled the chicken along with the veggies, shredded it, and was back on track!
These turned out absolutely awesome! They were fairly quick and easy to put together and best of all they were light and refreshing. You have the nice crisp lettuce wrapped around the spicy tender chicken and then top it off with the rich blue cheese and some crisp veggies. Mmm… mmmmm… perfectly balanced!
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 celery ribs, sliced
Small yellow onion, chopped
4 tbsp butter
1/2 c buffalo sauce (I love Franks’s)
Large lettuce leaves (butter, romaine, green leaf, or iceburg)
Blue cheese dressing
Blue cheese crumbles
- Place the chicken breasts, celery, and onions in a large pot.
- Top off with water making sure everything is submerged.
- Bring pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the entire pot into a colander and remove the chicken breast.
- Using two forks shred all of the chicken.
- Using the pot you boiled the chicken in, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
- Toss in the shredded chicken and the cooked veggies from the colander and mix to combine.
- Place a scoop of the chicken in a lettuce cup and top with fresh carrots, celery, blue cheese dressing, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Grab a napkin and enjoy!