I am a huge fan of buffalo chicken or anything smothered in buffalo sauce. As a matter of fact the buffalo chicken salad at Chili’s is one of my all time favorite salads. Something about the hot and spicy chicken paired with all the crunchy fresh vegetables in a cool ranch dressing is just darn right tasty. My husband is not nearly a big of fan as I when it comes to buffalo chicken, however he LOVES anything Mexican, especially tacos. So basically these “fusion” tacos were my way to morph one of my favorite dishes into something he would be eager to try. And they were a hit! These loaded tacos are spicy, cheesy, crunchy goodness; all wrapped up in a nice little tortilla. And this is the type of dish that takes me to my happy place. Hmmmm…
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
salt and pepper
3 tbsp butter
1/2 c buffalo sauce (I love Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce!)
6–10 soft taco sized tortillas
2 c green leaf lettuce, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1 avocado chopped
1/2–3/4 c blue cheese crumbles
1/4 c ranch dressing
2 green onions, chopped
buffalo sauce for drizzling
- Season chopped chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook turning occasionally for 6–8 minutes.
- Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for another 6–8 minutes or until the sauce has cooked into the meat and the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Place the tortillas on a microwave safe plate and cover with a paper towel.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Flip the tortillas over and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the cooked meat and then finish off with all those delicious toppings.
1 thought on “Recipe—Loaded Up Buffalo Chicken Tacos”