Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and I have the perfect and fun sweet treat for you! This is a festive twist on the original Chex Muddy Buddies. The first time I made this was for a Cinco de Mayo party my son was attending and we were put on dessert duty. I instantly thought of churros but that was going to be way too much work for 20+ kids.
While nothing can replace the deliciousness of a freshly fried churro this snack mix certainly helps to satisfy that craving. The cereal maintains a nice crunchiness and then you have this delicious and creamy coating and a nice dusting of sugar and cinnamon. I will warn you though, it can be highly addictive! Perfect for your snacking pleasure.
9 c corn Chex
1 (10 oz) bag Hershey’s cinnamon chips
1/2 c butter
1 c powdered sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 c sugar
- Place the Chex cereal in large mixing bowl.
- In a Ziploc bag, combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cinnamon chips and butter at 50% power for one minute and stir.
- Continue to heat at 50% power in 30 second intervals stirring in between each, until the mixture is all melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted cinnamon chip mixture over the cereal and stir to coat.
- Add the powdered sugar mixture and stir to coat.
- Lastly, stir in the sugar until all the cereal is well coated.
- Cover a large baking sheet or cutting board with wax paper and spread out all the coated cereal to cool.
Adapted from Sunny Days with My Loves.