A couple of weeks ago for my Family Theme Night—Country Hoedown I mentioned that I made a big pitcher of Knock You Off Your Saddle Lemonade. It was exactly what I needed at the end of the week. This grown-up version of lemonade has a little hint of ginger, the perfect amount of bubbles, and then of course a nice vodka kick. It was so refreshing! It makes a generous amount so I actually ended up delivering mason jars to the doorsteps of some of my favorite local moms on that Friday night. Pretty sure we all needed it and I may or may not have had a few glasses myself that night as well.
Since the recipe makes a whole pitcher, it is perfect to sip on throughout a warm summer day in the garden or by the pool, or to serve up at your next BBQ.
Note: If you want to make this ahead of time, combine the ginger water, lemonade, and vodka in advance but hold off on adding the ginger ale, sliced lemons, and ice to the pitcher until right before serving. You don’t want it getting watered down or for your ginger ale to go flat.
small piece of fresh ginger (about 2″ in length), peeled and thinly sliced
2 c water
1 can (12 oz) of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
4 1/2 c ginger ale
1 1/2 c vodka
- Put the sliced ginger and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the saucepan and remove from heat.
- Allow the water and ginger to steep for 30–45 minutes.
- Remove the ginger and set the ginger flavored water aside.
- In a large pitcher, combine the ginger water, lemonade concentrate, ginger ale, and vodka and stir well.
- Add in the lemon slices and a generous amount of ice.
- Serve and enjoy!