Hello grilling season! It is great to have you back in my life! (And all of you amazing followers too!) Nothing says summer like lazy days with friends, sun shining on your skin, hot grilled meat, and some tasty side salads!
With 4th of July just around the corner it feels like the perfect time to share one of my favorite summer side dish recipes with y’all. This Red White and Blue Potato salad is packed with all my favorite flavors and by favorite flavors, I mean bacon and blue cheese.
This salad is an amazing complement to any bbq dish, but we especially love it with a nice steak and some red wine. Just something about the way all those flavors come together is top notch. *chef’s kiss*
Note: I like to set aside some of the bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and green onions to garnish the top of the salad with.
3 lbs baby red potatoes, chopped into 3/4” cubes
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
3/4 c blue cheese
1/2 c green onion, sliced
- Place the chopped potatoes into a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 12–15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them into a large bowl and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, salt, ground mustard, and onion powder.
- Add the bacon, blue cheese, and green onion to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the potatoes and other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Here are some other amazing summer side dishes to try out!