Summer is upon us! Well not quite, but we are so close! I can literally smell it! The smell of grilled meat has infiltrated the warm evening air in my subdivision and I am itching for a good ol’ fashioned cookout.
One thing I absolutely love about summer BBQs are all the cold salads. Macaroni salads, potato salads, mmmmmmm… mmmm… mmmm! (I really should not write these posts when I am hungry because right now, I am salivating just thinking back to this potato salad.)
I have a go to potato salad that is loaded with bacon, olives, bell peppers, onions, and so much more and it is amazing, but sometimes I am looking to mix it up with something a little more simple and lighter.
The red potatoes really come out fluffy and then the super creamy dressing is a little tangy from the vinegar and sour cream and then you have this delicious dill flavor. So simple and so lite. Perfect for these warm summer days!
8 large red potatoes, diced
1 c sour cream
1 c mayonnaise
1/2 c red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp dill
salt and pepper
4 green onions, chopped
- Add 1–2 tablespoon of salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the diced potatoes and boil for 10–14 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the potatoes are done cooking drain them in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add most of the green onions (saving a handful for garnish) and dressing and toss to coat.
- Garnish with the leftover green onions and a little bit of the dill.
- Cover with a lid or saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. The longer it rests, the better the flavors.
If you like this recipe, then I highly recommend you check out these other awesome salads that make for great additions to your BBQ menu!
1 thought on “Recipe—Creamy Dill Red Potato Salad”