A long time ago in a land far far away, I posted a recipe for Lemon Crackle Cookies. (Okay, it wasn’t that long ago nor that far away.) They were awesome! Perhaps the name Chocolate Crack Cookies would be more appropriate for this recipe since you will not be able to stop eating them! Since the base for my crackle cookies is a box of cake mix they are perfectly fluffy, super moist, ultra fudgy, and easier to make than any cookie should be. This recipe is very straightforward and easy. Anyone can make them. Really. I promise! While they may look complicated all you are doing is rolling the dough into balls, coating them generously with powdered sugar, and then baking them. They do all the fancy crackling while baking. Give them a try. Everyone you share with will be very pleased you did.
2 (18.25 oz) boxes Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix
2/3 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large bowl mix together dry cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Put the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Form small balls with the dough and then roll them in the powdered sugar. Be sure the cookies have a really thick coating of the sugar if you want them to have that crackle look.
- Place at least 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7–9 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cutting board or cooling rack.