Over the past year or so I have been using pesto more and more. Last summer we got a massive amount of basil from our garden, which yielded lots and lots of tasty homemade pesto. I was able to freeze tons and use it throughout the whole year. Awesome! I have found that pesto actually makes a really great marinade. Recently I am totally hooked on pesto chicken kabobs. Not only are they super fun to eat but they cook in a fraction of the time. Perfect meal for this coming summer.
Tip From the Diva: When using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 10 minutes before putting all your goodies on them. It keeps them from catching fire and are much easier to handle. Genius right?
3–4 chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces/cubes
salt and pepper
1/2 c pesto
half of a red onion, cut into 1” squares
red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
yellow bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- Season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in a container and toss with the pesto.
- Allow chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes. (I like to let mine soak up all the flavors for 7–8 hours.)
- Thread the meat and the veggies onto the skewers making sure to alternate and discard the leftover marinade.
- Grill skewers for 10 minutes, turning as needed, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
2 thoughts on “Recipe—Pesto Chicken Kabobs”
This looks like a great summer meal!!
It is! I actually made them for a BBQ last night. They were a big hit! 🙂