Being frequent consumers of Mexican food we eat lots of rice. Rarely do we consume “plain” white rice. My go to recipes are my Mexican red rice (arroz rojo) or this cilantro lime rice. It just depends on what I’m pairing it with. This rice is very light and refreshing, a perfect complement to any spicy meat. If you have been to Chipotle before, you will recognize the flavors instantly as it is very similar to their recipe. Next time you are looking for a way to make your ordinary rice extraordinary, spend a couple extra minutes and give this flavorful rice recipe a try.
1 c basmati rice
1 1/2 c water
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2–1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the rice, water, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and a 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 16–18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rice sit covered for 8–10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add the juice from the lime and the chopped cilantro.
- Stir to combine and add additional salt to taste.
Looking for more rice recipes? Maybe you will love these!