A couple times a year I like to complete an 11-day cleanse. It is just a way to flush out all these impurities and reset my digestive system. The weight loss is a huge perk too (Down 8 lbs! Wahoo!). For some reason during this last round I was craving salmon! And I mean REALLY craving it, like every day! I was daydreaming about a big slab of salmon covered in butter, lemon, and dill. I knew that would be one of the first dinners I would prepare for myself once I was done with the cleanse. This recipe did not disappoint. The fish was super moist and all the flavors and buttery goodness really seeped into the meat. I was shocked when even my 3-year old son devoured a huge chunk of the tasty fish. This recipe for oven baked salmon is ridiculously easy to make and super quick to get on the table. It also makes for a beautiful presentation. This may just be on the menu at my next dinner party.
1 salmon filet (1 1/2–2 lbs)
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 c white wine
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp dried dill
lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Pat the salmon dry and place it in a greased baking dish.
- Rub the butter all over the fish.
- Combine the wine and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir.
- Pour the liquid over the fish.
- Sprinkle the salt, lemon pepper, and dill over the fish.
- If you are using the lemon slices place over the top of the fish.
- Bake the fish for 20–25 minutes or until the fish flakes off easily with a fork.
2 thoughts on “Recipe—Buttery Lemon Dill Salmon”
WOW… this looks soooo good! 🙂
But then, all your food always looks good. 😉
Why thank you! 🙂