Banana cream pie is one of my top 5 favorite desserts, maybe top 3. It was pretty much the only late night craving I had throughout my pregnancy with my son. Maybe it is because it reminds me of the banana shakes my dad used to make me as a kid. That was kind of our thing. Friday nights watching M*A*S*H and drinking banana shakes. That. Was. The. Life!
This dip has everything I love about banana cream pie but in one very addicting easy to make dip. It is perfect for parties or just a random dessert. If you have been following me for a while now you may know I have a thing for dessert dips. I’ve posted recipes for Cannoli Dip, Sweat Cream Dip with Strawberries, Sweet Cherry Chip Dip, Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Dip, and Toffee Apple Dip.
Dessert dips are so quick and easy to make. So many people are intimidated by overly complex desserts but when all you have to do is mix a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, these really are foolproof.
3.4 oz box instant banana cream pudding
2 c milk
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c powdered sugar
2 c Cool Whip, divided
Nilla wafers or graham crackers for serving
- In a medium bowl, beat together the pudding powder and milk until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer and beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold the pudding mixture and 1 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture and stir until it is creamy.
- Transfer the finished mixture to a serving dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cool Whip.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for 30 minutes or more.
- Sprinkle with a few crushed wafers or graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with a side of Nilla Wafers or graham crackers.
If you like this recipe, then I highly recommend you check out these other awesome dessert dip recipes!