When it comes to the classic Jell-O one of my favorite flavors has always been pistachio. I know, I’m kind of a freak. Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate but there is just something about the pistachio that is pretty fabulous too. When I saw this recipe for pistachio bread that called for my favorite tasty green pudding I knew I had to give it a try. I served this bread as a brunch item but with it’s cake base it could easily be a dessert. It ended up super moist, fluffy, and had just the right amount of nutty pistachio flavor. My four-year-old son got a kick out of making and eating green bread. It is so easy to make that I recommend putting the kiddos in the kitchen and letting them help. Such a fun recipe to make together!
15 oz box yellow cake mix
1/4 c oil
3/4 c water
3.4 oz package instant pistachio Jell-O pudding, unprepared
1 c sour cream
10 drops green food coloring
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 c pistachios or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease two bread loaf pans.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Divide the batter among the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from bread pans.
- Allow to cool an additional 15 minutes or more before slicing.