A couple of weeks back we got these GORGEOUS rainbow carrots in our box of organic produce and when my son saw them he honestly didn’t believe me that they were carrots. They ranged from a deep purple to red and even white. They were just too pretty to get tossed into a salad or cooked any ordinary way. I wanted these to stand on their own. I know I have mentioned in many previous posts that I am always looking for fun and healthy after school snacks for my little man so we decided to make roasted carrot fries. They were awesome! I just sliced, baked, and served them with a little side of ranch (because every 3 year old loves to dip their food in sauce). These were super quick and a wonderful way to enjoy these rainbow carrots.
4–5 large carrots (I used rainbow carrots)
olive oil for drizzling
ranch for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Carefully cut the carrots into “fry sized” pieces.
- Place the carrots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss the carrots to coat and season with salt.
- Bake the carrots for 15–18 minutes or until crisp tender, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish or plate.
- Serve with a side of your favorite dressing or enjoy all on their own.