Over the past several months I have been on a total broccoli salad kick. Whenever we go to the store I can’t resist getting some at the deli counter. I figured I might as well learn to make my own, and so I did. And it was the bomb diggity! This broccoli salad is the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy, and sweet and salty. I could seriously eat this as a meal all on it’s own, okay I did eat this as a meal all on it’s own. I ate it by the bowlful! It is the perfect summer salad. It’s super light and refreshing. I don’t care if you are a fan of broccoli or not, you will love this recipe. I will make broccoli lovers out of all of you yet!
3 heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 c craisins
1/2 c salted sunflower seeds
1 c mayonnaise
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, bacon, red onion, craisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the broccoli salad and toss to coat.
- Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Stir right before serving.
4 thoughts on “Recipe—Broccoli Salad”