I am not one to just make something out of the box without tinkering with it. I’m sort of like a dog, I want to make my mark, make it my own. I love the convenience of those little boxes of the Jiffy corn muffin mix but it’s fun to add a little pizzazz. This recipe takes a plain old-fashioned corn muffin and gives it a little extra oomph. I add some corn kernels, pepper jack cheese, and a handful of green onions. This gives them a nice texture with the bits of corn, a nice little bite, and the cheese is like a gooey surprise in the middle. The kids will flip over these!
Note: If you are concerned about the spice of pepper jack cheese just use regular jack.
8.5 oz package of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/2 c pepper jack cheese cut into 1/4” cubes
1/2 c corn (frozen or canned will work)
2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Prepare corn muffin mix per package instructions.
- Stir in cheese, corn, and green onions.
- Prepare muffin pan with liner cups and evenly distribute the muffin mix in each cup filling up about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Love this idea for corn muffins? Then perhaps you will like these!