This is one of those fabulous recipes you will want to make all summer long. Here are the reasons why I think you will love this recipe:
- It’s an entire dinner done in one skillet (easy cleanup)
- It takes under 25 minutes to make
- It’s incredibly healthy (low cal and low carb)
- It utilizes fresh summer veggies
- It tastes and looks fabulous!
Do you really need more reasons than that to give this recipe a try?
2 large or 4 small, boneless skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and black pepper
3 tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped and divided
1 tbsp olive oil
2 yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 c green beans, cut in half
1/4 c white wine
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl combine 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the rosemary.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning mix.
- Drizzle the olive oil in the skillet and add the prepared chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken on both sides until cooked through.
- Add the squash, carrots, and green beans to the skillet.
- Squeeze the juice of the two lemons into the skillet and add in the white wine.
- Season the veggies with the remaining tablespoon of rosemary and some additional salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breast on top of the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the veggies are cooked to desired doneness.
Recipe adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian.