Some of you may remember from my Lamburger post quite some time ago about my dad living next to a sheep farm. (If not, go check it out, seriously amazing recipe and a fun little story.)
Well as a house-warming gift my incredible dad and stepmom gave us an ice chest full of all sorts of wonderful cuts of lamb and even some pork! That is probably the best and most practical housewarming gift you could give a person right? Okay, maybe the best housewarming gift you could give a foodie. Daddy knows me all too well. Thankfully there was lots of ground lamb in the mix so I have been able to make this awesome dish a couple of times recently.
The lamb meatballs have a super unique flavor with the chopped up bits of apricot which keeps them super moist. I serve them over a bed of couscous with a little Athens salad made up of cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion. I love how light and refreshing the entire meal is! Seriously a fave recipe of mine and it just looks so darn pretty on the plate! Plus this recipe takes less than 25 minutes to make. #winning
1 lb ground lamb
1/3 c dried apricots, chopped
1/2 tsp coriander
1 small red onion, half finely chopped and half thinly sliced
kosher salt and pepper
1 cup couscous
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/2 feta, crumbled
- Turn the oven on to broil.
- In a bowl combine the ground lamb, apricots, coriander, the finely chopped red onion, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined,
- Form the meat into 1 1/4″ balls and place them in a baking dish.
- Place the dish in the oven on the middle rack and cook for 8–10 minutes.
- While the lamb meatballs are cooking, prepare the couscous per package instructions.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper.
- Once the meatballs are couscous are done it’s time to plate.
- Place a nice size scoop of the couscous in the center of the plate and top with 3–5 meatballs.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion on the plate next to the couscous.
- Drizzle the lemon olive oil dressing over everything on the plate and then finish off with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Dinner is ready to serve!
Recipe adapted from Real Simple.