It seems silly writing a post for a recipe that is basically made up of frozen store bought items but this is such a fun and easy dish to prepare for brunch, lunch, or even an appetizer so I just had to share, for a creative idea I suppose more than anything. 😉
I recently made them for a mimosa brunch and everyone loved them! Who doesn’t love the sweet and salty combination of a classic comfort dish in bite size portions?!? You can certainly make these from scratch, and I will probably try sometime soon, but it would obviously be far more work and you would end up having way more dirty dishes. Having such an easy dish allows you to focus more attention to preparing other items or even enjoying an extra mimosa or three.
Note: A box of Eggo Minis Waffles has 10 waffles and each one is divided up into 4 mini waffles for a total of 40 mini waffles which will yield 20 sliders.
20 frozen chicken nuggets
box of frozen Eggo Minis Waffles
1/2 c maple syrup
- Bake chicken nuggets per package instructions.
- Toast the Eggo waffles per package instructions.
- As the waffles finish toasting separate them into the 4 mini waffles.
- Sandwich a chicken nugget between two waffles.
- Skewer a blackberry with a toothpick and then the secure the waffle slider.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.