Last weekend we celebrated the hubby’s 35th birthday. (Happy birthday babe!) I wanted to make him a fabulous dessert but he is not much of a cake guy. You may remember this from last year when I shared a recipe for Snickers Cake. He does however like chocolate so I threw together these triple chocolate jars of goodness and they were a real hit! You have the nice cakey layer from the Oreos, a thick rich chocolate pudding layer, and then the Cool Whip combined with pudding creates a lite and airy chocolate mousse. Layer upon layer of tasty goodness! And I am totally loving desserts in mason jars. One of our guests couldn’t finish hers so we just threw a lid on it and she took it home for later. Super convenient and and so cute!
Note: This recipe will make enough to fill four 12 oz mason jars (pictured) or six 8 oz mason jars. These can be made a full day in advance. The Oreos take on a nice cake like consistency the longer they sit.
5.9 oz box instant chocolate fudge Jell-O pudding
3 1/2 c milk
8 oz container Cool Whip
20 Oreos, crushed
- Prepare instant pudding per package instructions using the milk.
- Place pudding in fridge and chill for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the container of Cool Whip and about half of the prepared pudding until well combined.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the crushed Oreos in the bottom of your serving dishes and then top with a couple of tablespoons of the pudding, followed by a couple tablespoons of the Cool Whip mixture.
- Repeat until the containers are full making sure to finish off with the crumbled Oreos.
- Chill until ready to serve.
3 thoughts on “Recipe—Triple Chocolate Parfait”
Ohh — easily portable deliciousness! I love it!
I know! If you like this recipe then check out my Individual Blueberry Cheesecakes. They are also served in mason jars. Perfect little fun desserts for summer cook outs! 🙂