My son loves chicken strips dipped in honey mustard and he also loves croissants. (Who doesn’t, really?) I whole-heartedly made this for him because I knew it would be a hit with the munchkin. Turns out the whole family loved them! This recipe is so simple, quick, and cheap to make. My little guy was even a wonderful helper in assembling them, and of course he made sure to be on quality control check while we were putting them together. Little rascal. I just served these with a big green salad for a balanced dinner. We had plenty of leftovers and they reheated extremely well in the oven. I’m definitely keeping these in mind for appetizers too. They were a perfect finger food and were fun to eat and make!
1/4 c honey
1/4 c yellow mustard
1/8 c mayonnaise
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1 tbsp butter
2 cans crescent rolls
8 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
8 slices ham cut in half lengthwise
- Combine together honey, mustard, and mayonnaise in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place the chicken tenders in a large Ziploc bag and add in 1/2 of the honey mustard sauce and toss to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the saucy chicken breast tenders flipping once until done, about 10–12 minutes.
- Separate the crescent rolls into the individual triangles.
- Spread the remaining honey mustard on each one.
- Place a slice of the Swiss cheese on each crescent triangle and then top with a slice of ham folded in half.
- Top each with a cooked breast tender.
- Roll up the crescent starting at the wide end and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. (The parchment paper helps make cleaning up the melted cheese a breeze!)
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders and crescents.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden brown.