So I am totally on a low carb kick right now. I am determined to loose this extra weight in preparation for summer and just to feel better overall. A lot of people ask me, “How can you do low carb? Don’t you miss all the good stuff?” My response is, “Uhhh…NO!” One of the reasons I love low carb is that you still get to eat really good food. Look at these garlic Parmesan wings, NO CARBS! Zero! Zilch! And while they are short on carbs they are most certainly not short on flavor. I actually made these for a party last weekend and they were a hit! When I told my husband what I was making for the party he told me he probably wouldn’t eat any. Well, guess who was standing over the kitchen sink chowing down on these wings? He just could not resist them. They smelled so incredibly good! And tasted just as scrumptious. I highly recommend these wings even if you aren’t watching your carbohydrates. They were super easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. By the end of the night several people had asked for the recipe. That my friends, is a very good sign.
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp dried cumin
3 lbs chicken wings
4 tbsp olive oil (I used some roasted garlic flavored that I had on hand. Delish!)
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a small bowl combine oregano, rosemary, salt, and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place all the wings in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake for 23–27 minutes or until the wings just start to turn a golden brown.
- Place the cooked wings in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the wings with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Season the wings with the basil, garlic, and Parmesan and again toss to coat, making sure they all have an even coating of all the flavorful goodness.