Awhile back I posted a recipe for lemon crackle cookies. It was a cookie recipe that is primarily made from a box of cake mix. I love the concept of taking cake batter and sprucing it up with a few extra ingredients to make one heck of a fabulous cookie These types of cookies always come out really light and super moist and best of all they are quick and easy to make. Well ‘tis the season for complete chaos and busy schedules so what better time to share a recipe for super quick and scrumptious confetti cake batter cookies. I used red and green sprinkles to make them festive for Christmas but keep this recipe in mind throughout the year. Just change the sprinkle color for the appropriate holiday. Perhaps pink and red for Valentine’s Day?
1-18.25 oz box of white cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 c vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2–3/4 c sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry cake mix and baking powder.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the sprinkles but be sure not to over mix or the dye will stain the batter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it.
- Drop 1” balls of dough onto the baking sheet leaving approximately 2” apart.
- Bakes cookies for 9–10 minutes making sure they don’t brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for about 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cutting board or cooling rack.