There are some recipes that are summer staples, this recipe is one of those in our household. Zesty citrus grilled pork tenderloin medallions paired with cheesy grilled stuffed peppers. Looks and sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
One of the reasons we primarily make this in the summer is because that is when peppers are in season, and you can usually find pretty large ones at the store. The bigger the better when it comes to this recipe! That way you can pack them full of all the cheesy goodness.
I absolutely love pork tenderloins. They are so lean and are actually a really great grilling meat. With this recipe, the meat is so flavorful and juicy, and takes on really great citrusy and smoky flavor as it plumps up on the grill.
There are so many things to love about this recipe. It is relatively easy, looks amazing, tastes amazing, and all the components of this dish are cooked outside, so you don’t have to deal with a hot oven during warm summer nights. What’s not to love?
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 c fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 lb. pork tenderloin
STUFFED PEPPER INGREDIENTS
3/4 c queso fresco, crumbled
3/4 c jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c cilantro leaves, chopped
1 small tomato, diced
4 anaheim or hatch chile peppers, sliced open lengthwise, seeds removed
1 lime, cut into wedges
additional chopped cilantro
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, oregano, orange juice, olive oil, and garlic in a large resealable bag.
- Add the tenderloin to the bag and marinade in the fridge for 2–12 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the queso, jack cheese, cilantro, and diced tomato.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Preheat the grill to 400º.
- Add the pork tenderloin to the grill and cook for 10–12 minutes.
- Flip the tenderloin and cook for another 10–12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145º.
- Remove the pork from the grill and allow it to rest.
- While the tenderloin in resting, add the stuffed chiles to the grill and cook for 10–12 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Slice the pork and serve with the grilled chiles and sliced lime and garnish with additional fresh chopped cilantro.
If you like this recipe, then I highly recommend you check out my recipes for The Most Awesome Pork Tenderloin Ever or Pork Tenderloin Sammies with Red Cabbage Coleslaw and Sriracha.