Do you like tender flavor packed pork tenderloin? Do you like sandwiches? Do you like easy meals that require very little effort? How about the perfect balance of sweet and spicy with a nice little crunch? If you answered yes to all of these questions then I have the PERFECT sandwich for you! This has got to be the best sandwich I have had in a very long time. The meat has an incredible flavor and goes so well with the crunchy, slightly sweet, and super simple coleslaw and the Sriracha sauce is just the icing on the sammy. I could seriously eat these all day every day! I made my sandwiches meal size but I think this would be the perfect slider sandwich next time I am entertaining a group of guests. For lunch the next day I just took the leftover sliced meat, topped it with the coleslaw and added a drizzle of the sauce. It was a perfect low carb meal sans bun and the flavors just marinated into the meat making it even better than the night before. Seriously, make this sandwich. Your mind will be blown!
Note: When I get the sealed two pound pork tenderloin at our local store there is actually two small ones in the package. These worked perfectly! If you have one big one you may need to cook it for closer to 40 minutes.
6 c red cabbage, shredded
1/2 c green onions, chopped
1/2 c mayonnaise
2 tbsp milk
2 lb pork tenderloin
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp dark chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 c olive oil
- Place the shredded red cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and green onions and mix well.
- Place the coleslaw in the fridge and keep cold until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Season the pork tenderloins with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large Zip Loc bag and shake to mix.
- Place the pork loin in the bag and toss to coat.
- Add the olive oil to the bag and toss to coat.
- Place the seasoned pork loin in a roasting pan or glass pyrex.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145º.
- Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the pork is resting place the rolls in the oven to warm and lightly toast them.
- After the pork has rested slice it thinly.
- Place several slices of the pork on each bun bottom, top with a generous amount of coleslaw, drizzle with the Sriracha sauce, and add the bun tops.
- Chow down!
Recipe adapted from She Knows.