I have always loved the idea of cheese balls, but have been turned off by the fake processed taste of the premade ones you get at the store. Well cheese balls seem to be redeeming themselves with all the creative gourmet versions popping up all over the place. I recently threw my husband a little birthday bbq and wanted an appetizer that could be prepared ahead of time and then just set out once the party started. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew it was exactly what I was looking for! My husband loves bacon, and of course loves the spice of jalapeños. (Don’t all men? Okay I guess vegetarians may be repulsed by the bacon but there are substitutes for that.) Once I had the bacon cooked and the jalapeños chopped this recipe came together in about 5 minutes. It was super quick and easy. A perfect recipe for any social events you may have coming up. By the end of the night I had several people asking for the recipe, which, in my mind, is a very good sign.
Note: This can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 c cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
dash cayenne pepper
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 jalapeños, deseeded, deveined, and finely chopped, divided
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
1/4 c pecans, chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in half of the chopped jalapeños and half of the crumbled bacon until well blended.
- On a large plate combine the remaining jalapeños, remaining bacon, and the pecans and mix together.
- Using your hands shape the cream cheese mixture into a large even ball.
- Once you have formed the ball roll it in the pecan mixture until it is evenly coated.
- Place the finished cheese ball on a plate and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Recipe adapted from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures.
4 thoughts on “Recipe—Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball”
this is like everything that is delicious, all wrapped up in one cheese ball! =)
That’s what I’m talking about! I knew I liked you. 😉