It’s summertime and I have strawberries on my mind! I could eat strawberry anything but these Strawberry Cream Crumb Bars are really something else. Growing up I loved loved LOVED those strawberry shortcake frozen dessert bars that have the crumbly shortbread coating on the outside. Anyone else ever have those? This simple recipe is those embodied in a dessert bar. Crumbly buttery cookie exterior with a sweet and creamy center. These are a perfect summer treat that everyone will love!
Note: These are delicious with any flavor of pie filling so feel free to use your favorite! These cut great with a pizza cutter when cooled.
1 c brown sugar
3 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c butter, melted
1 c sour cream
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c strawberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Line a 9” x 13” baking dish with foil and spray with some nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. (The dough should be crumbly.)
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the crumbly dough for the topping and press the remaining dough edge to edge into the bottom of the foil lined baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Spread the cream filling over the crust.
- Place dollops of the strawberry pie filling over the cream.
- Using a spoon, gently swirl the pie filling and the cream together making sure not to over mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough crumbs over the top evenly.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the tops begin to brown and the center is set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the baking dish.
- Once the bars have cooled, lift the bars by the foil out of the baking dish, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into squares.
- Store the bars in the fridge until ready to serve.