Saucy and cheesy, I love almost any dish with those qualities. This recipe has both of those and is also delicious and low-carb. And best of all there are only 5 ingredients! Win, win, win! A working mom’s dream come true! My saucy chicken is great all on it’s own, served over rice, with some warmed tortillas, or even as burrito filler. I love how quick and easy it is to put together, perfect for a week night. While I love red sauce my husband is a big fan of green. Next time I may try this with green enchilada sauce and pepper jack cheese just for something different.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pack taco seasoning or a batch of my homemade taco seasoning
10 oz can red enchilada sauce, mild (I love Las Palmas!)
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
- Sauté the chicken in a skillet over medium high heat stirring occasionally until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken pieces in a greased 8” x 8” baking dish.
- Drizzle the enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until it is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the green onions.
3 thoughts on “Recipe—Cheesy Mexican Chicken”
This sounds good! I would use a rotisserie chicken (just so easy and tender) you could just quarter it or dice the meat both ways sound good to me. I also would make a cauliflower Mexican rice to go with it
It is definitely tasty! I love substituting rotisserie chicken in my recipes. The cauliflower rice sounds perfect too! Thanks for the great ideas! 🙂