I am on a total pesto kick after making my own. Just love the stuff! Especially when I can use it on one of my favorite paninis made with chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, and of course some delicious pesto. The flavors of this sandwich all go together so perfectly! It’s crunchy, melty, flavorful goodness all in one simple sandwich. Make it for lunch or dinner and serve with an Italian green salad for one heck of an awesome meal.
Note: The recipe calls for grilled chicken breasts but you can also just go pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to save some time.
4 large slices sourdough bread
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 c pesto
1 tomato, sliced
2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
6–8 slices fresh mozzarella (I recommend getting the good stuff from the deli)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread one side of each piece of the bread with butter and spread the opposite sides with pesto.
- Place two of the slices of bread butter side down in the skillet.
- Top the bread in the pan with the tomatoes, chicken, and mozzarella.
- Add the last two slices of bread to the top of the sandwiches, butter side out.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes or until the bread is a toasty brown.
- Flip and cook for another 3 minutes until cheese is melted and the other side is a nice toasty brown.
2 thoughts on “Recipe—Chicken Pesto Panini”
This looks amazing! I will definitely make this because it’s all my favourite ingredients!! 🙂 Loving your blog!
Thanks Anna! You have made my day! This really is one of my favorite sammys. Hope you enjoy it! 🙂