Fall is just around the corner and I can taste it. Literally! I have been in the mood for fall for a couple weeks now and I’m loving all the seasonal recipes, this one especially. It is a seared pork chopped topped with apple pie filling and stuffing and finished of fin the oven to give the stuffing just a little bit of crunchiness. It goes great with some mashed potatoes and green beans. This is an all time fall favorite in our house and I love that it is really quick and easy. I use a little bit of cinnamon and rosemary to bring in some bold flavors. It’s like having apple pie with a side of pork for diner. What’s not to love!?!
4 boneless pork chops
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
1 1/2 c water
4 tbsp butter
6 oz box Stove Top pork stuffing
2 tbsp olive oil
21 oz can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Season the pork chops with the garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the water and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the stuffing, cover, and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat up the olive oil and sear the pork chops over medium high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Place the seared pork chops in a baking dish.
- Top pork chops with apple pie filling and place any extra around the pork chops in the baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Uncover the stuffing and gently fluff with a fork.
- Place a mound of stuffing on top of each pork chop and put any extra around the chops in the baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an addition 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.