Fall is just around the corner and I can taste it. Literally! I have been in the mood for fall for a couple weeks now and I’m loving all the seasonal recipes, this one especially. It is an herb crusted pan seared pork chop topped with apple pie filling and stuffing and finished off in the oven to give the stuffing just a little bit of crunchiness. It goes great with some mashed potatoes and green beans. This is an all time fall favorite in our house and I love that it is really quick and easy. I use a little bit of cinnamon and rosemary to bring in some bold flavors. It’s like having apple pie with a side of pork for diner. What’s not to love!?!
4 boneless pork chops
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
1 1/2 c water
4 tbsp butter
6 oz box Stove Top pork stuffing
2 tbsp olive oil
21 oz can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Season the pork chops with the garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the water and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the stuffing, cover, and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat up the olive oil and sear the pork chops over medium high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Place the seared pork chops in a baking dish.
- Top pork chops with apple pie filling and place any extra around the pork chops in the baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Uncover the stuffing and gently fluff with a fork.
- Place a mound of stuffing on top of each pork chop and put any extra around the chops in the baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an addition 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
2 thoughts on “Recipe—Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing”
Dear Diva d,
You guys should do a piece of ribs!
No one of any consequence
Thanks John, or is it Jeff?
I have this fabulous rib recipe a good friend of mine gave me. I have really been wanting to try it but unfortunately I don’t have a smoker. My apologies for not fairly representing all parts of the pig. I will work on getting a great crock-pot cooked ribs recipe up soon though. That’s actually what I will be cooking up in my kitchen tomorrow! Hugs, Diva di