With the holidays taking up so much of our time I love having a quick and easy cookie recipe that I can whip up in no time. Plus, these are inexpensive to make. You can probably even find all of the ingredients in your pantry at home. This is a classic peanut butter cookie that goes fantastic with a big cup of milk. These cookies turn out soft but still have a slight crumble. The fork marks add a nice decorative touch, but aren’t necessary. I hope you and your families enjoy these melt in your mouth cookies!
Note: For a little extra something try adding in peanut butter chips, M&Ms, or topping each cookie with a Hershey’s kiss.
1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls and place at least an inch and a half apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press down with a fork leaving hatch marks on top.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.