One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the sweet aroma of fresh baked pies wafting through the house. These apple pie bites are so delicious and easy that you will be making them year round. You know the saying “easy as pie,” well these are easier than pie. They take about 10–15 minutes to assemble and 14–18 minutes to bake. Serve up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and oh my goodness! They are delish! I baked them for my son’s fall harvest festival at school and they were much less cumbersome to serve and eat than an actual pie.
Note: Allow pie crusts to sit for 10 minutes before using. They will be much easier to work with. I use parchment paper on my cookie sheet to help with easy clean up. The melted sugar can caramelize and get messy.
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 package refrigerated pie crusts (15 oz)
3 tbsp melted butter
2 apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside 2 tbsp.
- Unroll both sheets of pie crust on a large cutting board.
- Brush the pie crusts with 2 tbsp of the melted butter, leaving some to brush over the top.
- Evenly sprinkle the pie crusts with the sugar mixture.
- Cut each sheet into 8 triangular strips approximately 8 inches long.
- Wrap a strip around each apple wedge with the sugar side of the crust against the apple starting with the wide end.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper as you finish each one.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar mixture.
- Bake at 425º for 14–18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!