It can be hard finding recipes for the crock-pot that are appealing during the warm summer months. Most of my crock-pot recipes are really rich comfort foods that I think of more as cool weather food. Well here is a perfect recipe to try out this summer. Not only will your house stay cooler not having the oven on, but it also allows you to enjoy more time to play outside since dinner will be a breeze! While these were great as they were, I think next time I might melt some cheddar cheese over the top just to finish them off. Yummmm! Be sure to have lots of napkins on hand because these saucy sandos are sure to get messy.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 c of your favorite bbq sauce
8 oz of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
sandwich rolls (I used small ones to make sliders)
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Mix the bbq sauce and beer in the crock-pot.
- Add in the chicken.
- Cook on high heat for 3–4 hours or on low heat for 7–8.
- Remove the chicken from crock-pot and place on cutting board.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken and toss back into the crock-pot.
- Allow chicken to sit in sauce for an additional 20–30 minutes to soak up some extra flavor.
- Place the saucy meat on a roll and enjoy!