This year for my birthday a very fabulous friend of mine made these for me after she heard me mention that Oreos were my favorite cookies. They were delicious! Eating these is like eating Oreos dipped in milk. They are rich, creamy, and addictive! They are incredibly easy to make and best of all require no baking! Be sure to keep them refrigerated since they have the cream cheese mixed in. If you are an Oreo addict like me, you will love these! Heck, even if you aren’t, you will still probably love them. Best of luck trying to only eat one!
Note: I used candy wafers for dipping because I think they harden up nicely. If you are unable to find the candy wafers at the store try white chocolate chips. Chocolate chips can be melted in a double boiler or in the microwave. If melting in the microwave heat in 30 second increments stirring with a fork between each heating session until smooth. If the chocolate is too thick for coating add a teaspoon of melted butter and mix in.
1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
4 oz cream cheese, softened
12 oz vanilla flavored white candy wafers
- Using a blender or food processor chop the Oreos adding a handful at a time until the entire package is finely crumbled.
- Set aside about 4 tablespoons of the finely chopped Oreos to be sprinkled on top for garnish.
- In a medium bowl mix the cream cheese and Oreos until thoroughly combined. (Add more cream cheese if the dough isn’t sticking together.)
- Roll the dough into balls about 1” in diameter and place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes allowing the truffles to chill.
- After the balls are firm melt the wafers according to the package instructions.
- Dip each ball into the melted wafers and turn until evenly coated and place back on the wax paper covered baking sheet. (I find using a fork works great to remove the balls from the melted wafers so that the extra chocolate can drip off between the prongs.)
- Sprinkle the dipped truffles with the extra crushed Oreos that you set aside before the coating hardens.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge to set.
- Pour yourself a big glass if milk and enjoy!