It never fails, anytime I serve watermelon at a BBQ or party I end up with a ton leftover. Not that it’s a bad thing, especially when you can make some amazing watermelon margaritas! This cocktail is the perfect summer drink, it’s light and so refreshing. I just love the combination of the sweet watermelon with lime and if you put a little Tajin around the rim, it just takes it up a notch with a nice little kick of spice. Nothing says summer like a fresh and fruity cocktail!
Notes: This recipe makes two margaritas which is great because cocktails always taste better when shared with a friend! Since the juice content varies from watermelon to watermelon you may have extra juice after blending. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of the strained juice.
4–5 c seedless watermelon, cut into chunks (you will need 1 1/2 cups juice)
1/2 c silver tequila
1/4 c lime juice, fresh squeezed
1 tbsp agave or simple syrup
lime wedges (optional)
tajin or salt for the rim (optional)
- Add the chopped watermelon to a blender or food processor and blend fully.
- Pour the blended watermelon through a sieve or fine strainer into a large measuring cup to separate out the pulp.
- Pour some tajin or salt on a small plate. (optional)
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of two glasses and dip the glasses into the tajin or salt to coat.
- In a drink shaker, combine 1 1/2 cups of the strained watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, and ice and shake well.
- Pour the margarita into the prepared glasses.
- Put your feet up, sit back, and enjoy!
1 thought on “Recipe—Watermelon Margaritas”