These breakfast potatoes are a Sunday brunch must have item. I have been making these potatoes for years now and they are always a big hit. The best way to describe them would be a breakfast version of the garlic fries that you get at the ballpark. But better of course. How can they not be when you add salty bacon and savory mushrooms? When cooking up a big breakfast it’s really nice to be able to put your potatoes in the oven and forget about them while you focus on your other dishes. There always seems to be enough going on up on the stove top. And I must add that these are superb when wrapped in a fresh tortilla with some scrambled eggs and salsa. Gotta love breakfast burritos!
2 lbs baby red potatoes, halved
2 c mushrooms, sliced
1/4 c olive oil
salt and pepper
8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 c parsley
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In a large baking dish toss the potatoes and mushrooms in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the bacon and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and mix in parsley right before serving.