If you are from California then you should know that it’s crab season! Since crab is so affordable, and as fresh as can be right now, I thought I would share my favorite crab cake recipe. These crab cakes are perfectly crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside. The spicy remoulade is the icing on the crab cake here.
Note: You can make miniature crab cakes for a delicious hors d’oeuvre or large cakes for a main dinner entrée. If you have leftovers just put them in the oven for 12–14 minutes at 375º turning once and they will be delicious and crispy to enjoy all over again.
CRAB CAKE INGREDIENTS
1/4 c minced onion
2 tbsp minced green bell pepper
1/4 c melted butter
1 lb crabmeat, drained and flaked
3/4 c breadcrumbs
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestshire sauce
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp dry mustard
dash cayenne pepper
1/2 c breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
- Sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender and remove from heat.
- Add in crabmeat and next nine ingredients mixing well (add in extra mayonnaise if needed to hold mixture together).
- Shape into 10–12 patties.
- Coat patties with additional breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes. By refrigerating the patties, they are less likely to break apart when frying. (I make my remoulade during this time.)
- Pour oil into a heavy skillet so that it is at least 1/4 inch deep.
- Fry cakes in hot oil (375º) for 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with spicy remoulade and lemon wedges.
SPICY REMOULADE INGREDIENTS
¼ c mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add additional cayenne pepper to taste. I like mine spicy!
If the spicy remoulade isn’t really your thing, my mango salsa pairs up nicely as well. See the recipe here:
5 thoughts on “Recipe—Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade”
I look forward to trying your recipe. It is a little bit different from mine. I’ll be crabbing the next two weekends hopefully. Thanks for sharing! Yum! Yum!
Brandy made these and they were soooo good. My mom used to make something similiar with salmon. Yummm! Thanks!
Awesome! You can’t go wrong with seafood in my book.
Thanks for sharing such a nice thought, post is pleasant, thats why
i have read it entirely