If you aren’t sure what a stromboli is, it is basically a rolled-up pizza. And you know what I love about stromboli? I love that it can work as either an appetizer or even a main meal. Plus, it is so versatile! While this one has just a few simple ingredients you can certainly go crazy and use any of your favorite pizza toppings. The last time I made this it was for a Superbowl party. It worked out great! I was able to make it in advance, store it in plastic wrap in the fridge, and then just put it in the oven once the guests arrived. It was the perfect cheesy, meaty, melty dish. Some people like to put marinara inside but I find that it can sometimes come out soggy so I just serve it on the side as a dip.
1 package refrigerated pizza crust (I used the wheat one from Pillsbury)
2 c mozzarella, shredded
3 oz sliced salami
1/2 c pepperoncini peppers, copped
marinara for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Spread out the pizza crust on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the crust leaving one of the long edges clear of any ingredients. This will help you to seal it up after you wrap it.
- Top the rolled out pizza crust with the salami and chopped pepperoncinis and finish with a sprinkle of the Italian seasoning.
- Starting with the long end roll the pizza crust up into a log working your way towards the edge that is clear of any toppings.
- Pinch the ends close and be sure it is seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 16–20 minutes or until it is a nice golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a side of marinara.