Looking for that perfect summer dessert that takes you away to a tropical island? Then look no further! My piña colada pie is a little slice of paradise. This crust less pie could not be easier to make. You literally combine all the ingredients and put it in the oven to bake. It is a creamy custard based pie which is great all on it’s own but add in the drunken rum sauce and ooo-weeee! That’s good stuff, like a party in your mouth! I like to top mine with some homemade whip cream and crushed macadamia nuts to dress it up a bit. I made this for some friends the other night and they said it was like nothing they had ever had before (I am pretty sure it was a compliment). It is a one of a kind dessert that will make your mouth happy.
1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
1/2 c sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 c flour
2 c shredded coconut
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
DRUNKEN RUM SAUCE INGREDIENTS
1 c butter
1 c Myers dark rum
1 c brown sugar
crushed macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour.
- Mix using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Fold in coconut and pineapple until completely combined.
- Pour your pie mixture into a greased pie dish.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool.
- While pie is cooling start the rum sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in rum and bring to a gentle boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over a warm slice of pie and top with whipped cream and some macadamia nuts.